UTILITY SCALE SOLAR POWER
Solar power generation is an increasingly important source of sustainable energy, and it’s getting more affordable, too. White Construction has wide-ranging expertise in the renewable energy sector, and we work with our clients to utilize solar technology and help shape the renewable energy revolution.
White Construction is already well-known across the country as a leading wind energy contractor, and we bring you that same expertise in project control and cost management to achieve excellent customer satisfaction in the growing solar energy field. We offer a full range of services and provide innovative solutions to fit a wide variety of location and terrain complexities, including ground-mounted PV installations or solar parking structures that make best use of available space and maximize your return on investment.
We spearhead utility-scale solar projects across the U.S., and our clients gain advantage from our proficiency as self-performing EPC contractors. White Construction installs photovoltaic, crystalline, and thin film modules, fixed, tilt-mounted modules, with single or dual-axis tracking systems.
We make it a priority to bring your project home on time and on budget, no matter what its scope, complexities, or site constraints, allowing you to benefit from the highest possible return on your investment while utilizing this abundant natural resource.
SOLAR POWER EPC SERVICES
- Feasibility studies and resource analysis
- Financial analysis and procurement capabilities
- Site planning including storm water management
- Electrical design for low voltage and high voltage
- Racking system design and installation
- Foundation design and installation
- Photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Assembly and erection
- Underground cabling installation
- Permits and approvals
- Substation and interconnection facilities
Our Experience = Your Advantage
White Construction performs full site engineering investigations on every solar project in order to properly manufacture piling for each project. Through these geological studies our team is able to develop a plan specifically to address soil conditions on each site in order to eliminate risk and ensure timely delivery of every solar project we build.
White Construction utilizes a field management software program where our quality team can manage turnover documents from the beginning of construction all the way through testing and commissioning of the project. This includes any punchlist items and the necessary completion sign-offs. All work is in accordance with engineered drawings supplied by a licensed engineering company.
Completed documentation includes the following items:
- Proper site layout according to engineered drawings
- The construction of access roads and the necessary compaction requirements
- The excavation and construction of inverter pads
- The installation of foundation posts
- The installation of the structurally-approved racking system
- The installation of the solar modules to their assigned areas and the subsequent serialization of the module serial numbers.
- The testing and commissioning of all AC and DC cables, PV wiring and module wiring.
White Construction takes extreme pride the in the safety, quality and production of their solar projects. In the past, we have successfully completed up to twenty solar projects at one time. It is this teamwork that separates White Construction from our competitors.
With over 600 MW of utility-scale solar installations throughout North America our team has built customized equipment to address the specific needs on solar energy construction sites. Our specially designed equipment has been designed to ensure efficient installations but also to ensure worker safety.