White Construction was a consortium partner / EPC Contractor on the Sugar Creek Energy project located in Western Vigo County, Indiana. The plant consists of two GE F7A turbines with 318 megawatt capacity and was brought online in 2002. An additional GE D11 Steam turbine with 200 megawatt capacity was added in 2003.
PROJECT SCOPE OF WORK
- Mass earthwork and site-work
- Construction of all access roads
- Modify / Upgrade existing county roads, including temporary bridge and rail spur for equipment deliver-ies.
- Design and build foundations for two GE F7A tur-bines, two Vogt-New Heat Recovery Steam Genera-tors (HRSG’s), one GE D11 steam turbine/generator, and all other related foundations.
- Design and construct project substation
- Installation of duct bank and collection systems
- Operations and Maintenance building
- Site restoration